Roy Hill is committed to supporting local communities. We aim to make a tangible and positive difference to the communities where we operate and leave a positive legacy. Our vision is to help build community capability and capacity. We want to work with our communities to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and capability to guarantee their success now and in the future.
The Roy Hill Community Foundation was established in 2015 as a key strategy towards achieving this vison.
Roy Hill Community Foundation
The Roy Hill Community Foundation is a partnership that includes Roy Hill contractors, business partners and suppliers working together to make a lasting difference in the Pilbara.
The Foundation is built on the solid belief that more effective outcomes are achieved through a collaborative approach.
The Foundation draws on the skills and resources of a range of companies, to provide practical support and a self-sustaining program of social and community benefits. A collaborative and integrated approach allows the Foundation to maximise opportunities and address community issues deemed too difficult for one company to tackle alone. Joining forces enables us to collectively respond to community needs and aspirations, with greater impact.
The Roy Hill Community Foundation targets investment in the following areas:
- Education, training and employment
- Culture and the Arts
- Business Development
- Community Development
Foundation Partners ensure future financial and social capital contributions are well targeted to local needs to provide valuable and enduring benefits.
The key objectives of the Foundation are:
- To promote alliances between companies to support an integrated approach to education, training, employment, health, business and community development and culture and the arts.
- To use research and evidence to determine the best pathways and actions for success.
- To work in consultation with local providers and Indigenous communities.
- To target funds for education, training and community development for projects identified through consultation with the community.
- To encourage companies to demonstrate leadership, collaboration and commitment by investing in social capital in addition to funding contributions.
Click here to find out how you can contribute to the important work of the Roy Hill Community Foundation.
Roy Hill Community Foundation is a registered charity and complies with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC).