Rewards and benefits
Rewards and benefits
Our employees have access to a great range of rewards and benefits, including:
- Three-bonus plans, in addition to competitive fixed remuneration.
- Industry leading career enrichment program.
- Family friendly rosters for our site-based employees.
- 18 weeks’ paid parental leave.
- Free income protection, life and TPD insurance.
- Family site visits.
- Outstanding training programs (awarded the 2018 Western Australia Employer of the Year for excellence in providing nationally recognised training).
- Extensive discounts from our partners in banking, technology, health and travel insurances.
- Salary sacrificing.
- Flexible work arrangements, and
- Health and wellness programs.
Our remuneration packages are made up of fixed and variable components that provide salaries, incentives and benefits to ensure that we maintain an attractive position in the market.
Fixed annual remuneration
The fixed annual remuneration includes a competitive base salary, superannuation and any applicable allowances such as residential, commute, shift, higher duties and on-call allowances.
Variable annual remuneration
In addition to fixed annual remuneration, you may also be eligible for our variable annual remuneration, which includes our Loyalty Bonus, Short-Term Incentive Plan and Chairman’s Profit Share.
The Loyalty Bonus recognises that our people are what makes Roy Hill great, and rewards their continued service to the business.
The Short-Term Incentive Plan is a formal recognition and reward for our employees who achieve business, team and personal goals, and simultaneously demonstrate our values.
Our Chairman’s Profit Share is one of our most exciting benefits – sharing business profits with the people who made it happen. It offers a variable annual payment for permanent and fixed-term employees. This discretionary payment rewards our employees for their contributions to overall business performance and profits.
This is made possible by our Chairman, Mrs Gina Rinehart – who made a generous decision to share with employees some of the profits of our majority owner, Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd.
Rosters and flexible working options
We understand that there are many important areas in your life, and work is only one of these. Our lifestyle-friendly rosters mean you get to spend more time at home. We also offer potential flexible working options such as additional shifts and job sharing.
We provide two free insurance policies for all our permanent or fixed term contract (longer than three months) employees, including:
- Group Life Insurance – which provides financial assistance to your family, if the unthinkable was to happen. It offers a lump sum benefit, payable to your nominee if you were to pass away or be diagnosed with total or permanent disablement.
- Income Protection Insurance – which offers 75% of your income for up to two years in the event of partial or total disablement, caused by injury, accident, or sickness.