Key assessments and approvals for the Roy Hill Project have included:
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Ministerial approval under Part IV of the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (EP Act);
- Environmental Impact Assessment on Matters of National Environmental Significance and Ministerial approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999;
- Dumping of dredge spoil in marine waters (Sea Dumping Permit) under Sea Dumping Act 1981;
- Construction and operation of prescribed premises (Works Approvals and Operating Licences) under Part V of the EP Act;
- Construction and operation of a mine (Mining Proposal) under Mining Act 1978;
- Construction of water bores, abstraction of groundwater and surface water and disturbance to beds and banks of a watercourse under the Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914; and;
- Construction and operation of waste and water treatment facilities and food preparation and other facilities under the Health Act 1911.